I encourage enquiries from students and postdocs who are interested in joining my research group. I can offer research opportunities in a range of subject areas, including:
- Human prehistory and evolution, particularly in the Indo-Pacific region
- Cultural evolution and co-evolutionary systems
- Population genomics
- Demographic modeling and computer simulation
- Inferential statistics
- Genomics, transcriptomics and 3D genome structure methods
- Fungal comparative genomics and evolution
Positions are available for local and international applicants. Enthusiastic undergraduate students are welcome to join my research program. Research training can either be managed via informal internships, or as part of university paper 247.300 (Research in BioSciences).
The university offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships, including dedicated funding for PhD research.
Researchers with a connection to Germany are encouraged to contact me about applying for a Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship through the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. As a Humboldtian, I am eligible to host Feodor Lynen fellows. Note that Feodor Lynen Research Fellowships provide exceptional support for partners and families.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss these opportunities.